Have you knit a sweater following the tailored Cocoknits Method? Would you like to knit a cozy cardigan?
Cocoknits is offering a Knit-Along to focus on Julie Weisenberger's drapey Franca Cardigan (shown here) and we are offering our own virtual Guided Knit Along so we can come together as a community to reconnect, refresh, and learn new techniques. This KAL is recommended for knitters who have already knit at least one Cocoknits Method sweater.
This will be a Guided Knit Along, where we provide demonstrations and tutorials to review the Cocoknits method techniques and we'll provide resources for you to follow along at your own pace. This is a 10-week KAL, so read on and join us! While this isn't an in-depth class like our Cocoknits Method Sweater Workshop, you'll refresh some of the basic techniques as we knit together.
To participate with us, please:
- Register online for our Guided Franca KAL, including a $40 fee to participate, where $10 may be applied as a discount to your yarn selection for this KAL. You will receive a one-time coupon code to use online or in the shop during your appointment.
- Purchase a copy of the Cocoknits Method Workshop book (available on our website or in-store by appointment), or use your own copy.
- Purchase your Franca Cardigan yarn from A Yarn Less Raveled (Worsted or Aran weight - see details on the registration page for yarn suggestions and quantity). Please note: the pattern refers to Classic Elite Chalet, which is a discontinued yarn.
- Purchase the Franca pattern from Ravelry or directly from the Cocoknits Website (electronic versions are available).
Here's the KAL Schedule (Updated 2/15):
- Meet every two weeks via Zoom on Sundays, beginning February 7, from 1-2:30pm, and continuing on February 21, March 7, March 21, and April 4 April 11. We'll plan a celebratory session as we get closer to completing our sweaters. You'll receive a link to the Zoom session after you register.
- In the first session, we'll provide a basic schedule for the pattern sections.
- You can wait until the first session to learn about your yarn options, or you can schedule an in-person appointment or order online.
- We offer some recommendations from our beautiful selection of yarns on the registration page.