Knit the Season 2018-19 Basketball Knit Along - Kits Available for Pre-order Beginning Friday, August 24
Calling All Basketball Fans! Let's Knit the Season - Warriors Style!
Are you game to meet other knitters who love basketball, especially our Golden State Warriors? Share the basketball season with other fans?
This Knit the Season Basketball Knit Along will be a slam dunk!
This year’s project will be a fingering or DK weight two-color cowl knit flat with options for beads and for seaming. It's perfect for all experience levels! Your finished project will visually reflect our Golden State Warriors’ 2018-19 performance.
If you root for another team, you are also welcome to join the KAL!
With Pamela as your KAL Head Coach, you'll knit the 2018-19 basketball season using your team's colors.
Here’s What You Need to Know to Participate:
- This year’s project will be a 2-color cowl with beads (optional). The ends of the cowl will be joined, and you’ll have a unique and beautiful cowl after the season is over.
- Custom Warrior’s kits will only be available by pre-order. Orders will be accepted from August 24 through September 2.
You may place your order online, visit the shop, or call the shop.
- See the section below for kit details.
- Your custom Warriors' kit will be available pick-up prior to the start of the basketball season.
- If you miss the pre-order window or if you’d like to knit another team’s games, you may still join the KAL. Come into the shop and we’ll help you select in-stock yarn and beads (optional).
- All custom kit pre-orders must be paid in full and are not returnable or exchangeable. Within a few days of your kit purchase, you will receive an email with a link to a form to officially sign up for the KAL. Please be sure to provide your email when purchasing your kit.
- If you are using other (non-kit) yarn to participate in the KAL, please let us know so we can ensure you also receive the email link.
- You will be contacted when kits are ready for pick-up. If we need to ship your kit to you, please let us know that when you place your order so we can verify your address and include applicable shipping fees.
- To be eligible for the mid-season and end-of-season raffles, please see eligibility information.
More Kit Details:
You will have three choices of yarn in your kit – one choice for a fingering weight cowl and two choices for a DK weight cowl. As we did with our baseball KAL, we are excited to use Invictus Yarns.
Please choose from the six following options for your custom Warriors KAL Kit (available for pre-order only):
- Beyond XL is a soft, hand-dyed fingering weight yarn in a merino/cashmere/nylon blend, and the extra-large skeins mean you won’t have lots of ends to weave in.
- Additionally, we are offering Beyond DK yarn from Invictus Yarns. This DK weight yarn will have the same lovely features of the Beyond XL (a soft hand-dyed merino/cashmere/nylon blend) but in a DK weight.
- You may also choose to knit with Berroco’s Ultra Wool DK, a soft 100% superwash wool. This durable yarn has a nice 4-ply twist and a bouncy softness.
|The Curry Special (without beads)
||4 skeins Berroco Ultra Wool DK (2 colors), cowl pattern
|The Curry Special (with beads and charm)
||4 skeins Berroco Ultra Wool DK (2 colors), cowl pattern, beads, charm
|KlayNation (without beads)
||2 skeins Invictus Beyond XL (fingering wt, 2 colors), cowl pattern
|KlayNation (with beads and charm)
||2 skeins Invictus Beyond XL (fingering wt, 2 colors), cowl pattern, beads, charm
|Draymond's Defense (without beads)
||4 skeins Invictus Beyond DK (2 colors), cowl pattern
|Draymond's Defense (with beads and charm)
||4 skeins Invictus Beyond DK (2 colors), cowl pattern, beads, charm
Additional Materials Not Included in Kits (partial list; the complete list will be provided in the pattern):
• Size 4 US needles (for fingering weight cowl)
• Size 6 US needles (for DK weight cowl)
• Small steel crochet hook (1.0mm-1.15mm) to place beads (if knitting with beads)
If you have questions, please call or email the shop.
The KAL project is suitable for advanced beginners and beyond, requiring basic knitting skills (knit stitch, purl stitch and changing colors). However, there are options for a provisional cast-on, 3-needle bind-off and placing beads with a crochet hook.
If you aren't familiar with these techniques, we are offering a Provisional Cast-on class on September 30, 2018 and a Bead Technique class on October 13, 2018. The No Panic Knitting cowl pattern will contain links to some of these skills.
Warriors’ 2018-19 Season KAL Meeting:
We welcome back our Golden State Warriors to the regular season on Tuesday, October 16, 2018. Prior to this date, we will meet to review the pattern, go over the “rules” of the KAL and just generally get set for a fabulous NBA season. Watch your email for more details and the meeting date.
We’re really excited to knit the season with you!