|Calling All Basketball Fans! Let's Knit the Season - Warriors Style!|
Are you game to meet other knitters who love basketball, especially our Golden State Warriors (all team fans are welcome)? Share the basketball season with other fans? We had such fun last season, let’s do it again!
With Pamela as your KAL Head Coach, you'll knit the 2019-2020 basketball season using your team's colors. Read on for pattern and Tip-Off meeting details.
This year’s project will be a fingering weight three-color shawl with beaded i-cord tassels. It's perfect for all experience levels! Your finished project will visually reflect your team's 2019-2020 performance.
Prerequisite Skills: You should be able to independently cast on, knit, purl, and make simple increases.
Skills You Will Learn: Making i-cord tassels with beads.
Here’s What You Need to Participate:
The project will be a three-color striped shawl. Participants will need to purchase the following yarn from A Yarn Less Raveled:
- 400 yards of fingering weight yarn to knit stripes for winning games (color 1)
- 400 yards of fingering weight yarn to knit stripes for losing games (color 2)
- 200 yards of fingering weight yarn for trim (color 3)
Our sample used Berroco Ultra Fine yarn in Maritime (blue) for wins, Butternut (gold) for losses and Snow (white) for trim. A Yarn Less Raveled (AYLR) will have lots of solid color options for you in stock. We will not provide pre-selected kits; you can choose from the yarn we have in stock.
Have fun with your choices; you may want to use a gold or blue variegated yarn for one of your color choices.
Materials: In addition to your yarn, you will need:
- The pattern: No Panic Knitting’s A Golden Opportunity – Go Warriors! Available for purchase on Ravelry or via Ravelry In-store purchase at AYLR
- One US size 3 – 32-inch circular needle
- Two US size 3 double point needles
- Crochet hook: G (4.0 mm)
- If adding beads, Size 10 (1.15mm) steel crochet hook for placing beads
- 40 size 6 seed beads (available for purchase at this shop)
Additionally, we will have a magnetic shawl pin designed to celebrate the season from Cindy’s Buttons, available for purchase at AYLR.
Warriors 2019-2020 Tip-Off Meeting
We welcome back our Golden State Warriors to the regular season on Tuesday, October 24, 2019. To celebrate, on Thursday, October 17, from 5-7 p.m., we will meet in the Learning Studio to review the pattern and how to knit an i-cord, and just generally get set for a fabulous NBA season.
We’re really excited to knit the season with you!