Twice a year, we open registration for our City Charm Yarn Club for new and returning members. Our yarn dyer for this series will be Destination Yarns and registration for this series is open through Sunday, August 18.
Don't miss this wonderful combination of City Charm yarns, charms, and treats, expanding your yarn inspiration, your charm collection, and your community connection. If you are familiar with the Club and want to purchase your membership now, click here. Otherwise, read on for all the details.
What Makes this Club Special?
Each custom variegated yarn color is inspired by photos from our local area. Each Club package will feature a different local city and neighborhood where our community lives.
It’s called City Charm because:
New members will receive your necklace in the first package, with your first charm.
Returning members will receive another special gift.
We capture the beautiful gifts of each city in our area, reflecting our diverse and loving community, in each variegated colorway.
With most installments, you’ll also have an option to purchase a specially-dyed coordinating color yarn in the same yarn base.
In each package, you’ll receive a card sharing our inspiration for that colorway and charm, brief city history, dyer’s notes, and some pattern suggestions to spark your inspiration.
In addition to a custom-dyed yarn color, you’ll receive a unique charm on a progress keeper, and you can build a necklace of charms inspired by the Bay Area.
You’ll build a lovely collection of simple, whimsical, and elegant charms to wear. Plus, your progress markers will be close by for your knitting and crocheting projects.
Periodically, we’ll host a members-only get-together. We visit, knit and crochet, share pattern ideas, and chat about what’s on our needles and hooks.
For this series, we are partnering with Destination Yarn, a Cleveland-based dyer who creates hand-dyed yarn, inspired by travel. We thought this would be a perfect match!
Your necklace and charms will be crafted by LO & Behold Designs and you will receive other gifts created by local makers.
A limited number of spaces are available in our Club, so you’ll be a part of something very special.
Registration is open now and we will close registration at the end of the day on Sunday, August 18, or as soon as the spaces are filled.
Consider sharing this club with family and friends who’ve moved away and still love the Bay Area! It’s a great gift for a birthday, anniversary, winter holidays, and just because!
The longer you participate in the City Charm Club, the more locally-inspired yarn and charms you’ll collect. You won’t want to miss a package!
How Does the City Charm Yarn Club Work?
- Singular variegated colors and charms will be designed especially for you every two months (schedule is approximate), covering a six-month registration period.
- You may either pick up your package at the shop, or we can ship them to you anywhere in the United States (we are not shipping internationally at this time).
- You can customize your City Charm Yarn Club membership in three ways - yarn weight, the number of skeins per package, and shipping or pick-up. Your final cost will be based on this combination of options.
- Yarn Weight - you may choose all Fingering/Sock weight yarns (you’ll receive a variety of bases, all with Merino wool, some blended with other fibers), or a Sport/DK weight option, where the packages will alternate between these two weights.
- Yardage for fingering weights: range from 400 to 475 yds per skein.
- Yardage for Sport: 320 yds per skein. Yardage for DK: 230 yds per skein.
- Number of Skeins per Package - Select one, two, or three skeins per package.
- Consider what you might make - shawls, socks, hats, sweaters, etc., and order enough to work with.
- If you want more than three skeins per package, sign up for two memberships.
- Remember, these yarn colorways will not be available again, though we may offer complementary colors in the same yarn base (at an additional cost) to supplement your package.
- Pick up or Ship - you’ll let us know whether you’ll want to pick up your packages at the shop or have them shipped to you anywhere in the US.
City Charm Yarn Club Cost
All costs are based on your yarn selections for your six-month membership (3 packages). The cost is the same for Fingering/Sock Weight packages or Sport/DK Weight packages:
- One skein per package/Shipped to you - $165
- One skein per package/Pick up at AYLR - $141
- Two skeins per package/Shipped to you - $264
- Two skeins per package/Pick up at AYLR - $240
- Three skeins per package/Shipped to you - $363
- Three skeins per package/Pick up at AYLR - $339
We are investing time and creativity into selecting an array of color combinations and charms based on our local area, and hope you’ll love every package. We want you to be aware of your commitment to this process:
The Fine Print
Ready to join the fun? Purchase your membership here.
- Yarn Club pricing is based on your selections above and current retail yarn and charm pricing. We will not increase prices during your paid membership period, even if our costs increase.
- Yarn Club membership is non-refundable for the duration of your six-month membership. All Yarn Club products, including coordinating Club yarns, are final sale. If your yarn color doesn’t excite you, perhaps it will excite a dear friend or family member and can become a lovely gift.
- If an item in your package has a manufacturer’s defect, we will replace the item.
- If you signed up for the option to ship your package and would like to pick it up instead, we will give you a store credit for your shipping fees.
- If you usually pick up your package and would like it shipped to you, we will request payment of shipping fees at the current shipping rate before sending it to you.