|Who is ready for a fun Crochet-Along? |
What is a Crochet-Along (CAL)? According to Larissa Brown who wrote a book about Knit-alongs, it is “Any organized event where people knit [or crochet] together for a common purpose or goal.” You will have an opportunity to sit and crochet with new and known friends! You will also be able to challenge yourself to learn new skills! We can all do this together at our Crochet-Along and end up completing a fun new project.
In April, A Yarn Less Raveled hosted an amazing trunk show and in-store boutique for DanDoh Yarns and patterns, including many beautiful designs by DanDoh owner Yumiko Alexander. We had a great response to the yarns and patterns, and many bought the Lattice crochet poncho pattern.
This was such a fun, inspiring pattern, we decided to offer a Crochet-Along! This pattern and the CAL gives you a fun opportunity to expand your crochet skills, learning new techniques as you follow the pattern! We will all end up with a beautiful poncho to add to our wardrobe, perfect for our summer weather!
What are we going to make?
What skills are required? You should be comfortable with these stitches:
- Lattice Poncho, by Yumiko Alexander
- It is a rectangular-shaped piece with fun pattern variations
Here are the CAL details
- Single crochet
- Double crochet
- NOTE: This CAL is not a replacement for the “Let’s Get Hooked: Learn to Crochet” workshop. If you are new to crochet, you should take this class before starting the poncho.
We’ll see you on May 9th for the first CAL meeting!
- When: We will begin our ponchos together on Tuesday, May 9 (5:00-6:30pm) and catch up with our progress on Tuesday, May 23 (5:00-6:30pm). We’ll decide together when to meet going forward, based on everyone’s progress and questions. Come when you can (don’t feel pressured to be here the whole time – this is supposed to be fun!)
- Where: A Yarn Less Raveled, in the Learning Studio
- Who will be leading the CAL: Bobbie S (aka – the Crochet Queen!)
- What do I need?
- Pattern: Lattice Poncho pattern, by Yumiko Alexander (can be purchased and printed at A Yarn Less Raveled)
- Yarn: DanDoh yarns, or any DK or sport weight yarn with a soft drape, such as Madelinetosh Merino Silk, Juniper Moon Zooey, Shibui Rain, Shibui Reed, Shibui Twig, or get creative and combine finer yarns like two strands of new Shibui Lunar!
- If you purchased yarn at the DanDoh trunk show, you’ll use DanDoh “Cotton Fine” (100% cotton, 435 yards/50g), 2 skeins each of 2 different colors, total 4 skeins
- Hook: 4mm (G) We’ll see you on May 9 for the first CAL meeting!