Have you knit a sweater following the tailored Cocoknits Method or one of Cocoknits' other patterns? Would you like to knit a cozy cardigan?
Cocoknits is offering a Knit-Along to focus on Julie Weisenberger's drapey Franca Cardigan (shown here) and we are offering our own virtual Guided Knit Along so we can come together as a community and refresh and learn new techniques. This KAL is designed for knitters who have already knit at least one Cocoknits Method sweater.
This will be a Guided Knit Along, where we provide demonstrations and tutorials to review the Cocoknits method techniques and we'll provide resources for you to follow along at your own pace. This is a 10-week KAL, so read on and register to join us! While this isn't an in-depth class like our Cocoknits Method Sweater Workshop, you'll refresh some of the basic Cocoknits techniques as we knit together.
To participate with us, you'll need to:
- Register online for our Guided Franca KAL, including the $40 fee to participate, where $10 may be applied as a discount to your yarn selection for this KAL. You will receive a one-time coupon code to use online or in the shop during your appointment.
- You'll receive a link to the Zoom session after you register.
- Purchase a copy of the Cocoknits Method Workshop book (available on our website or in-store by appointment), or use your own copy.
- Purchase your Franca Cardigan yarn from A Yarn Less Raveled (worsted or Aran weight - see details on the registration page for yarn suggestions and quantity). Please note: the pattern refers to Classic Elite Chalet, which is a discontinued yarn.
- Purchase the Franca pattern from Ravelry or directly from the Cocoknits Website (electronic versions are available).
Here's the KAL Schedule:
Franca Sweater DetailsSizes
- Meet every two weeks via Zoom on Sundays, beginning February 7, from 1-2pm, and continuing on February 21, March 7, March 21, and April 4.
- We'll plan a celebratory session as we get closer to completing our sweaters.
- In the first session, we'll provide a basic schedule for the pattern sections.
- You can wait until the first session to learn about your yarn options, or you can schedule an in-person appointment, or order directly from our Online Shop. (Link) . We offer some recommendations from our beautiful selection of yarns on the registration page.
Small (Medium, Large, 1X, 2X, 3X)
Finished Bust: 34 (38, 42, 46, 51, 55)" / 86 (97, 107, 117, 130, 140) cm with Fronts overlapped 4.5 (4.5, 4.5, 4.5, 4, 4)" / 11.5 (11.5, 11.5, 11.5, 10, 10) cm which adds a total of 9 (9, 9, 9, 8, 8)" / 23 (23, 23, 23, 20, 20) cm to the finished circumference of sweater.
Finished Width of Back at bust: 15.5 (17.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23.5, 25.5)" /39 (44, 50, 55, 60, 65) cm19.5
Finished width each Front at bust: 13.75 (14.74, 15.75, 16.75, 17.75, 18.75)" / 35 (37.5, 40, 42.5, 45, 47.5) cm
Length: 28.5 (29.5, 30.5, 31.5, 32.5, 33)" / 72 (75, 77, 80, 83, 84) cmYarn Requirements
Approximately 1075 (1275, 1450, 1650, 1850, 2050) yds / 980 (1165, 1325, 1510, 1700, 1875) m heavy worsted / aran weight yarn.
Yarn recommendations available in the shop (some are also available online, noted with an *) at A Yarn Less Raveled: Knitted Wit Worsted*, Berroco Ultra Wool Worsted*, Woolfolk FAR, Woolfolk TOV (aran wt)*, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok* (light worsted, so more open gauge), Shepherd's Wool Worsted, and Malabrigo Rios. If we don't have adequate quantities in stock, we may be able to order more. Please ask!
More details will be provided following your registration.
|Skill Level: ||Intermediate|
|Skill Details: ||This Guided KAL is recommended for knitters who have completed at least one Cocoknits sweater using the Cocoknits Method.|
|Materials Included: ||Handouts and demonstrations.|
|Instructor: ||Mindy O|